Join us for the children's and young people's book festival for Calderdale & Kirklees, March 7-15 2014
The first festival in Calderdale and Kirklees to celebrate children’s books will launch on Friday 7 March with a World Book Day Quiz, followed by the official launch at the Central Library, Halifax on Saturday 8 March and leading on to a week full of events in schools, libraries and town halls and culminating in a spectacular finale at the University of Huddersfield on 15 March to which all families are welcome!.
The day will be packed full of fun and entertainment including storytelling, street theatre and workshops from a range of artists including:
• Annabel Pitcher, local author of Ketchup Clouds,
• Paul Dowswell, author of Auslander
• Susanna Meese, storyteller,
• Crafty Praxis, craft sessions.
Look out for more information about the festival at school, your local Library and Information Centre and in the press.
Tickets for the Grand Finale at the University of Huddersfield are available online*, at your local Library and Information Centre or by contacting ticket hotline on 01484 223200
The tickets will be:
£10 Family day tickets a family is max 2 adults and 3 children 16 and under
£3 individual day tickets.
* When you get to the page, click "Events and tickets" in the left hand column. On the next page, click the "more" button in the central area of the page and select "Kirklees Library Event", then scroll down to get to the Pageturners festival link
“Books shouldn't be daunting, they should be funny, exciting and wonderful ”